Samuel A. Kunin, M.D.
- B.S. Zoology, B.S. Medicine and M.D. University of Illinois
- Internship: Michael Reese Hospital, Chicago, Illinois 1961-62
- Surgery residency: West Side Veterans Hospital, Chicago, 1962-63
- Urology residency: Michael Reese Hospital, 1963-64 and Kaiser Foundation Hospital, Los Angeles, California, 1964-66
- Diplomat, American Board of Urology
- Fellow, American College of Surgeons
- United States Navy urologist, Camp Pendleton, California, 1966-68
- Private practice of Urology, West Hills and Encino, California, 1968-1993
- Past Chief of Staff, West Hills Hospital and Medical Center, West Hills, California
- Past director of Urology, Diagnostic Health Services
- CIGNA Health Care of Southern California Quality of Care and Credentials Committees, monitoring care for physicians, hospitals and other practitioners
Brit milah certification and organizations:
- Certified Mohel, approved by University of Judaism and Hebrew Union College-Jewish Institute of Religion
- Member NOAM (National Organization of American Mohalim)
- Member Brit Milah Board (instructing and certifying applicants and past Ethics Committee chair)
- UCLA urologic teaching assistant
- Guest lecturer and instructor for interns and residents on circumcision at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center and Northridge Hospital
- Teaching Hebrew school students, grades 5 through 12, various haverot and young adult groups
- I have taught or given sermons at many temples including Valley Beth Shalom, Stephen S. Wise, Temple Aliya and Kol Tikvah
- Lecturer on men's health issues for many companies including Hughes, Rocketdyne, Disney, Warner Brothers, American Cancer Society
- Pro-circumcision advocate lecturing and writing about health benefits of circumcision. I have been on the Maury Povich Show and Gloria Allred Show.
- Consultant for student film "The Mohels of Los Angeles"
- Past associate medical director of the Hospice of the Canyon
- Men's health advocate, bringing prostate screening to the work-place
- Participant: Research & Education Association on Circumcision Health Effects
- Guest Editor of Dialogues In Pediatric Urology, Circumcision in Newborns: Not Why, But How, including article: "Post-operative Care of Newborn Circumcision"
- "A Case For the Gomco Clamp", Berit Milah Newsletter
- "Tetracycline Fluorescence in the Detection of Bladder Cancer", Journal of Urology
- "Pitfalls in the Use of Imipramine for Enuresis", Journal of Urology
- "The Use of Central Venous Monitoring During Transurethral Resection of the Prostate", Journal of Urology
- Circumcision, Its Place in Judaism, Past and Present, Isaac Nathan Publishing Co., Los Angeles, 1998